Having an Ant infestation constantly trolling your home or workplace can be a bit frustrating. Ants have a wonderful way or ruining your day. Garden Ants excavate your driveway paving while Sugar Ants get in to your animal feed of grocery cupboards. Regardless the species you are struggling with rest assured our Ant Control Crestholm experts have your answer. With targeted, odorless and safe Ant Extermination techniques Pest Worx here in Crestholm should be your first port of call.
Ant Control Crestholm is a bespoke and safer method used to Exterminate Ants in a domestic or commercial environment. A targeted treatment is tailored around your needs. The level of infestation, species as well as cause are taken into account when designing and applying treatments. Pest Worx only use, safer and odorless treatments. This means no unpacking, no odor and most of all no more Ants!
Pest Worx offers a complete solution for any level of Ant Infestations regardless of the level of activity. We guarantee 100% Ant Removal anywhere in Crestholm and surrounding areas.
Ants in Crestholm
Crestholm is home to hundreds of species of Ants. This is only natural given our perfect ratio of heat and humidity. Fortunately for us, there are only a handful that are considered a pest in our area. Its these few species that we are going to identify and briefly explain what makes these species such as nuisance.
There are 4 main species of Ant found in homes across Crestholm and surrounding areas. Although Ants generally don’t carry any nasty pathogens such as Cockroaches and Rodents, they still can not be lest to their own devises.
Sugar Ant Control Crestholm:
Sugar Ants make us the largest group of Ants found here in Crestholm. There are over 1000 species globally with over 500 sub species. This diverse species ranges world wide with colonies even found here in Crestholm. The most common Sugar Ant found here in Crestholm is Camponotus consobrinus, the banded Sugar Ant.
- Banded Sugar Ants appear in many different forms. They have two different types for workers, soldiers with large mandibles and the largest of all the queen. Size and even color varies dependent on diet, climate and even isolation.
- Female banded sugar ants are easily recognized by their black head, orange thorax and the orange / brown band that wraps around their gaster. While males on the other hand are completely black.
- Adult worker Sugar Ants range in size between 5mm – 15mm in length with queens being even larger.
- These Ants are nocturnal only foraging at night. These popular urban pests are likely to hang around your sugar pot, fruit bowl and other sticky spilled liquids.
Argentine Ants in Crestholm:
Argentine Ants may be small but what they lack in size they make up for in numbers. These tiny critters hail from Argentina in South America but are such a success in the pest world they have managed to spread world wide. Some colonies are recorded to stretch for about 6000km.
- The average worker Argentine Ant ranges in size between 1.6mm to 2.8mm. Their small stature makes in quite easy for them to squeeze through gaps less than 1mm.
- The Argentine Ant is is light brown to darker in color with moderately large mandibles for their size. They do bit if irritated but do not have a stinger.
- Argentine Ants (Linepithema humile) are very omnivorous in nature. They chance feed on anything from spray foods to dead insects and even human waste.
Black House Ants in Crestholm:
Black House Ants are also a species of Formicine Ant, a very successful Ant pest in the Pest Control World. Much like the Garden Ant, These small shiny Black Ants make a nuisance of them self in gardens and homes alike. Ant Control Crestholm treat countless homes across Kwazulu-Natal each year. Formicine Ants are the reason for a specialist targeted treatment process. Their success in the pest world has called for their very own bespoke treatments.
- To the untrained eye, Black House Ants look identical to their cousins the Garden Ant. They are a little smaller with workers rarely exceeding 3mm in length.
- Black House Ants are shiny black in color and rarely bite. They have no stinger and no wings.
- This species of Ant is commonly found foraging in garden and mainly reside in old rotten logs and under flower pots. Many households in Crestholm contribute structural wood damage due to this species. This simply isn’t true. Although they prefer rotten wood and commonly excavate tunnels in door frames or window sills. They will not physically damage property but merely set up shop inn already compromised structured.
Garden Ant Control Crestholm:
When one thinks of Ants, one thinks of Lasius niger, the Black Garden Ant. Its these critters than ransack anything from stored products, animal feed and many other household food items. As well as being a household pest, Black Garden Ants commonly excavate building foundations and push up dirt in to your home. They undermine paving causing cosmetic damage and can even be a problem to herb gardens.
- Garden Ants (Lasius niger) range in size between 4mm – 5mm in length. Adults are dark Black to Brown in color and generally do not bite or sting.
- Also known as the Formicine Ant or Black Ant, these pesky critters live mostly under ground colonies with numbers rarely exceeding 7000 individuals.
- The Black Garden Ant’s success in the pest world is owed to thee life cycle of their queen. Each colony generally has more than one queen each living up to 15 years.
- Black garden Ants have a very varied diet. Common food items include seeds, grains, nectar from fruit and flowers, dead insect and even human scraps. This species has uncanny foraging abilities and can pretty much make the best out of what ever they find laying around.
Ant removal specialists in Crestholm
Ant Control Crestholm can be a daunting task to the would be professionals. The very nature of the species makes complete removal quite tricky. Ants love to live deep under ground while others live in roots of trees and other generally difficult to access areas. Its for this reason professional help should be sought.
Pest Control Durban have a team Ant removal experts. They expertly assess your unique situation surrounding the Ant activity and tailor a treatment. Our Ant Control Crestholm teams lay out Eco-friendly methods that are species specific. This ensures the safety of all your pets and loved ones.
What causes an Ant Infestation?
Ant Infestations are not at all an uncommon occurrence here in Crestholm. At least 90% of all homes have an Ant problem in one way or another. The very nature of any Ant problems make them a nightmare to contain. Just 1 wrong move can cause a colony to swarm and split into many micro colonies. Its at this point control becomes increasingly more complex.
An Ant Infestation can be cause by a number of different problems. Some that are controllable and some mostly out of our hands. All we can do is control the infestation at hand and stop them from increasing in numbers and entering out homes or workplaces. Here are a few ways you can help prevent and detour an Ant infestation here in Crestholm.
- Dirty Dishes: Ants are natural foragers and hunt for food at least 22 hours of the day. Even the smallest of tasty morsels left on your dinner plate can attract a underlying Ant colony to venture into your home.
- Compost heaps, fallen fruit and other garden refuge: These are all reasons Ants have to enter your property. Given the right amount of food, water and shelter you will be well on your way to an Ant infestation.
Will bombing kill Ants?
Yes and no. This is somewhat of a two answer question with very different answers. Bombing will kill Ants to a certain level. The problem lies with those individuals that are not exposed to the so called “BOMB.”
Fumigants or as they are affectionately referred to as Bombs are only a means to exterminate the few Ants that are exposed. The problems lies with those that are in their colony or those out foraging. In general the ants that you see are only a small percentage of a larger underlying problem. Your best bet would be to use, traps, baits and other targeted safer treatments. These will prove more effective as they can eliminate an Ant colony from their source outwards.
Does Fumigation kill Ants?
Yes Fumigation does kill Ants. Once again it depends on a number of factors. Generally speaking you cant expect to spray your home and expect Ants to miraculously vanish in to thin air.
The Ants you see on your home or workplace are only the tip of a much larger iceberg. A topical fumigation treatment will kill those individuals that come in to contact with any said treatment. This is why Ant Control Crestholm tailor treatments that are focused on your unique problem. By treating the entire problem from the ground up we guarantee excellent results regardless of the situation.
Call Ant Control Crestholm for a free quote!
If you reside within the Crestholm area or surrounds feel free to give us a call. We have friendly staff that are available to give free quotes and great advice on pest prevention. All our advice and quotations are obligation free and provided by seasoned professionals.
Have an Ant problem? Ant Control Crestholm are here to help. We have a 24 hour Pest Control service. We understand that pests don’t sleep and neither do we. Pest Worx in Crestholm are your local friendly master Exterminators.