Bed Bugs are night terrors that plague the homes of far too many people here in KwaNdengezi. Do you often find tiny blood specked on your recently cleaned white bedding? Do you experience a tingling and crawling sensation at night while you sleep? Chances are you have a Bed Bug Infestation. Lucky for you, you have come to the right place. Here at Durban Pest Control, we have a team of Bed Bug removal experts. The Bed Bug Control KwaNdengezi team of professionals will give you your bed back and ensure Bed Bugs stay away, for good!
Bed Bugs are some of the more nasty Biting Insect you could be host to. This is partially due to their high chemical tolerance. Depending of the origin of your Bed Bug Infestation, chemical tolerance can differ quite significantly. In many cases it takes the work and insight of a true professional with ground breaking resistance breaking fumigation techniques to keep them away for good. The Bed Bug Control KwaNdengezi team of Pest Control specialists can handle any infestation no matter how big or small.
Welcome to our Bed Bug removal page. With a bit of luck, you’ll leave with a bit more insight into what makes these Biting Insects tick. Plus you’ll be able to have your problem solved with no smell, no mess and no fuss. That’s right, a Bed Bug free bed.
About Bed Bugs in KwaNdengezi
Bed Bugs (Cimex lectularius) are tiny ecto-parasites, this means that unlike parasites that live on their host, Bed Bugs feed off their hosts while they sleep. Although they are completely dependent on their hosts they do not need to live within them like Tape Worms or Round Worms do. Fleas as well as Bird Mites are other common examples of ecto-parasites found here in KwaNdengezi.
- Bed Bugs are small reddish brown insects that are mostly oval in shape. Their shape and color can differ slightly after a blood feed. After a blood feed, Bed Bugs here in KwaNdengezi can become engorged and elongated. Their color changes from light brown to blood red after feeding.
- Adult Bed bugs range in size between 1cm and 7cm with 1st instar nymphs less than 1mm in length.
- As mentioned above, they completely rely on their host for survival. Most Bed Bugs found here in KwaNdengezi can go more that 12 months without a blood feed.
- Although Bed Bugs can not fly, they are incredibly fast moving and hide at the first sign of light. These insects commonly hide in dark cracks and crevasses around areas frequented by humans. Bed’s, couches and even motor vehicles are common hiding spots.
- Over a female Bed Bugs life time, they can lay up to 1000 eggs each the size of a spec of dust. Its for this reason they are such successful pests. The Bed Bug Control KwaNdengezi team carry out Bed Bug Fumigation’s on a daily basis.
- It takes but a few months to contract an out of control Bed Bug infestation. Its because of their superior chemical resistance that professional intervention is almost always sought.
If you discover a Bed Bug infestation in your home or workplace here in KwaNdengezi, please call a Professional Bed Bug fumigator immediately. This will save you the anguish of sleepless nights as well as diseases a Bed Bug problem carries. Here at Durban Pest Control, our teams of Bed Bug Control experts are on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Diseases caused by Bed Bugs
Although Bed Bugs can be a real nuisance, they are not known to carry or transmit any diseases. Or do they? A recent study by Penn State university thinks otherwise. Bed Bugs do however interrupt sleep, tarnish bedding and cause skin problems. An out of control Bed Bug plague can land you up at the dermatologist or even worse, the hospital. Although Bed Bugs are not known to directly cause disease, they can however indirectly cause a number of health issues. Here are some of the more common health issues that arise from a high level Bed Bug Infestation in KwaNdengezi.
- Allergic reactions to bites are pretty much the most common problem here in KwaNdengezi. Human blood is generally quite thick and most blood feeding Insects can not ordinarily drink from us without some help. Common Biting Insects such as Fleas, Mosquitoes, Bird Mites and Bed Bugs use their saliva to thin our blood. Their saliva acts as an anticoagulant as well as an anesthetic, allowing them to feed freely without interruption. This is what causes allergic reactions, swelling as well as itching afterwards. In severe cases, anaphylaxis can occur during a severe allergic reaction.
- Mental health issues are also common in households with a severe Bed Bug Infestation. In instances where an entire home is infested. The staining, itching and smell of Bed Bugs can cause frustration as well as other mental health and economic issues. Frustration, obsessive compulsive disorder as well as anxiety are commonly linked to high levels of Bed Bugs. These mental disorders can affect work, sleep and consequently cause lower productivity.
- Asthma as well as respiratory problems are also indirectly linked to Bed Bugs. Bed Bugs shed their exoskeleton in order for them to grow. These shed skins combined with other Insect particles including fecal matter can become air borne and affect breathing long term.
In a nutshell, Bed Bugs are an increasing problem here in KwaNdengezi. Its up to each and every one of us to do our part in preventing their spread. Take the first step by contact our Bed Bug Control KwaNdengezi team of experts and be free of Bed Bugs for good.
Can Bed Bugs be Fumigated?
The short answer to this question is yes, Bed Bugs can be Fumigated. However, the success of the Bed Bug Fumigation depends on quite a few factors. Here are some of the more common factors that influence the result of any Bed Bug Fumigation here in KwaNdengezi.
- You have to use decent application equipment. This will ensure an even spread of chemicals without the worry of staining or excessive run off.
- Know your enemy. Before you undertake any Bed Bug Infestation here in KwaNdengezi you have to have background knowledge of the species. This will help determine their hiding places, the extent of the infestation as well as weather they have any chemical resistances. Knowing your enemy will give you insight that will determine the success or failure of the Bed Bug Fumigation.
- Pick your poison. Going into your local Agri or Garden Center isn’t enough as the staff have limited to no knowledge of Insects or chemicals. Their knowledge is based entirely on the product label.
- Last but not least are the preparation and precautions carried out before the Bed Bug treatment. Knowing how to prepare your home is just as important as the actual Fumigation. Good preparation will ensure no stone is left unturned.
The long and short of any Bed Bug Fumigation are mainly the factors leading up to the treatment. There is generally no room for leeway. As a result, its always recommended to seek the help of a seasoned professional. This will help you save time and money long term. DIY products are mostly useless and expensive wastes of time.
What spray will kill Bed Bugs?
There are loads of bug killing sprays on the market. Some work for Crawling Insects while others are recommended for Flying Insects. Choosing the right tool for the job is just as or even more important as the job its self. When it comes to all common public health pests its best to leave it up to professionals.
In most cases, public health pests have a mean tolerance to insecticides. Years of under exposure to chemicals and poor application have helped these Insects develop superior immune systems. Run of the mill DIY products that used to work, prove ineffective. Many gels, baits and traps look and sound good but perform poorly. The only real option is to use professional use insecticides with resistance breaking dual action technology.
In the real world, products such as Bithor or Temprid are ideal for Bed Bug Infestations in KwaNdengezi. Unfortunately, these products are only sold to professionals Pest Control professionals.
Can Doom kill Bed Bugs?
Yes, Doom can kill Bed Bugs. This answer is very misleading however. While Doom will help kill a few Bed Bugs, its unlikely to control an Infestation. Using an aerosol bug killer opens up so much room for failure. Doom will only kill the Insects that it comes in immediate contact with. What about those hiding in the most awkward places?
When it comes to successfully treating a Bed Bug Infestation, its always recommended to use a multi faceted approach. Using more than one method of control will yield fast results while achieving a long term pest free home or workplace. A Dual action insecticides coupled with a quick killing fumigant will yield superior results. Professional Exterminators such as the Bed Bug Control KwaNdengezi team of experts always use more that one method of control. This way no stone is left unturned.
How did i get Bed Bugs?
In KwaNdengezi there are more ways to contract a Bed Bug Infestations than there are not to. The fast paced busy life our city has to offer opens new and exiting doors to pest problems you would never have imagined in your wildest dreams. Rodent spreading plague and causing fires while Insect spread deadly diseases. In all honesty there are few places safe from the perils of a Pest Infestation. Luckily for you, Bed Bug Control KwaNdengezi have compiled a small list of places to avoid when it comes to Bed Bugs.
- Public transport is the number 1 most common place to contract a Bed Bug Infestation. KwaNdengezi’s overpopulated public transport network is frequented by different people from different walks of life. Some of which may have a problem at home of in the office. All it takes is a shared seat on a Bus, Taxi or Plane.
- Rental accommodation is also on top of our list. Hotels, Motels, shared apartments as well as B&B”s are all hot spots for Insects such as Cockroaches and Bed Bugs. All it takes is a well traveled patron to leave behind a bug or two.
- Second hand goods are popular hot spots. Too many instances have arisen where goods have been sold to pawn shops because of an underlying Bed Bug problem. Beds, headboards, dressing tables and even baby cots are popular hiding spots for these illusive Insects. It takes 1 contaminated item to spark up a Bed Bug epidemic.
The moral of the story is always check before you buy. Weather its accommodation or goods, you could be paying for more than you’ve bargained for. In any event, keep our number handy. Bed Bug Control KwaNdengezi Experts are on call to help with free quotations and advice on any bug problem.