Are you selling your home or business and need a Beetle compliance certificate? Given the great coastal climate and high level of humidity that KwaZulu-Natal has to offer. Its only fitting that all sorts of Wood Destroying Organisms rock up to the party.Having a Beetle Certificate and Compliance in Clermont is the least we can do to ensure the structural safety of our home or business.
Pest Worx Pest Control here in Clermont has a team of Experts that do just that. We carefully inspect the structural timbers of your home or business. We make sure there are no underlying issues that could make your prized investment crumble.
Pest Worx Clermont believes in full disclosure. This means that all timbers are inspected for current as well as past activity and damage. This data is compiles and clearly indicated on our Beetle Certificate and Compliance in Clermont.
What is a Beetle Certificate of Compliance or Beetle COC?
A Beetle certificate of compliance is an inspection report of all your structural timbers. Here in South Africa as well as Clermont, financial institutes such as Banks and Building societies want the piece of mind knowing that there are no Termites, Wood Borer or Fungus that can jeopardize their investment or yours.
If you’re buying, selling or even claiming a home from a diseased estate, chances are you need a beetle certificate of compliance. The only logical step is to contact a local Pest Control expert for a free quotation or inspection. Our Beetle Certificate and Compliance in Clermont experts are on call for expert opinions on all things Wood Worm related
What happens if we find Wood Borer in your home or furniture?
Finding Wood Borer in your suspended wooden floors, ceiling or antique furniture is never a good thing. The good news is you have a bit of time until things get too bad. Lucky enough most Wood Destroying Organisms have quite a long shelf life.
- Keep the infested item in question in quarantine: Lock the item up in a store room or container and keep it away from your other wooden furniture. This way you can tell if the activity is evident of old and has gone unnoticed. Frass / saw dust poring from the holes means its active.
- Inspect other wooden items for similar problems: There is some light at the end of the tunnel. Not all Wood Boring Beetles eat all types of wood. Consequently if you have a Teak wardrobe and Pine floors, the infestation may not spread depending on the species of beetle. Firewood is often attached by Wood Beetle that wont touch your hardwood floors.
- Call your local professional Beetle Certificate and Compliance Clermont Inspector: Make sure its a reputable company with registered inspectors. There are many “companies” that will take your money but not your bugs. Ask for their inspectors certificate or inspectors number. You can cross check their number here. Here in Clermont there are however few instanced where Pest Control Companies treat timber without being Certified. This is alright, just make sure they are under supervision or shadowing a registered inspector.
How can i treat a Wood Borer Infestation here in Clermont?
Currently there is no effective amateur use product that can successfully treat Wood Borer Infestations in Clermont. All Wood Borer Fumigation’s as well as Compliance Certificates need to be carried out or at least signed off by a certified individual. Here are a few things you can look out for when a fumigation takes place.
- A house fumigation will rarely take less than 3 days to complete: This is as a result of more or less 1 day for prep. A full 24 hours exposure to the gas and a further 24 Hours for airing. During this time, the Fumigator needs full and restricted access to your home. That’s right, he needs all your keys as well as the spares.
- In rare and isolated cases a simple drill and inject treatment can be carried out: Although not ideal Drill and inject Fumigation’s are used where an infestation is isolated in only a couple pieces of timber. This treatment is quick but leaves a terrible solvent smell for a couple days following the treatment.
- A simple topical timber treatment isn’t ideal but can also suffice: This is where a wood preservative is applied to raw untreated timber. This is only effective for untreated as well as sanded down timber. A simple topical timber treatment will also leave a terrible solvent smell behind. Depending on the type and age of wood, slight staining may also occur.
Save your self the hassle of useless over the counted products and call a professional. This will save you a wad of cash as well as potential court cases as a result of negligence. Weather you have a small artifact that needs to get shipped abroad or a large container of timber. Give us a call, no job is too big or small for Pest Worx to handle.
Beetle Certificate and Compliance in Clermont done right the first time!
Don’t waste your money on fly by night fumigators. Call the professionals first time round. Here at Pest Worx Durban we will always give you free fair and impartial advice. If your looking for Beetle Certificate and Compliance in Clermont you have come to the right place.
Rather than just inspect visible timbers for notifiable beetle ask for a full disclosure report. This will detail all damage whether it be by beetle or weather, old activity or new. You can rest assured all avenues are covered.
If you’re in the market for a Beetle Certificate and Compliance in Clermont, give us a call for a free quotation as well as great advice. Our staff are available to take your calls 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Pest Worx are here for you!