Homes here in Alverstone are plagued with Cockroaches. Regardless of your cleanliness or social standing, a Cockroach Infestation could be but 1 loaf of bread away. All it takes is 1 ootheca (egg case) to be hidden in the crease of a newly bough clothing item of pre-packaged food. With Alverstone’s optimal climate, the local heat and humidity speeds up the Insects metabolic rate making an infestation as little as 6 short weeks away. Lucky for you, you’ve come to the right place. The Cockroach Control Alverstone team of experts can eliminate any level of infestation effortlessly. That’s right… No mess, no smell, only dead Cockroaches.
Have you ever woken up for a midnight snack only to find a couple dozen Cockroaches? What about those suspect dead Cockroaches behind your fridge? Cockroaches are very light sensitive and mostly nocturnal. If you see a couple during the day, chances are your home will come alive with them at night. In any event its always advised to leave a Cockroach Infestation up to the professionals. Cockroach Control Alverstone have a team of professionals that guarantee all our Cockroach exterminations here in Alverstone. Have a squiz further down the page to find out what makes us leaders in Cockroach Eradication here in Alverstone.
German Cockroach Control Alverstone
German Cockroaches need no introduction. These hardcore beasties have the ability to infest your home or workplace in no time at all. Their strong immunity and tolerance to chemicals combined with their ability to survive in the least suited conditions make then one of Alverstone’s most infamous household pests. Regardless of your social standing, cleanliness and general hygiene of your home. An all out Cockroach infestation can infest your living or working quarters when you least expect it. German Cockroach Control Alverstone is a task best left to the professionals.
About German Cockroaches in Alverstone:
- The German Cockroach adult is typically between 1.1cm and 1.6cm long. They range in color between tan to nearly black. This depends on their location and ancestry.
- When it comes to German Cockroaches in Alverstone. Adults can be clearly identified by two nearly parallel dark streaks on their pronotum.
- German roaches have a tucked away set of wings that are rarely used. They cant fly but are known to glide a few meters across the room if disturbed. This usually happens when a colony is flushed out using Pyrethrins. This overstimulates their central nervous system sometimes killing them, in most cases pyrethrins just kill a few individuals and cause the population to spread.
- These infamous Roaches are pretty much found on every continent with the exception to Antarctica. Their innate ability to survive makes then on of the toughest pests to tackle.
Where do German Cockroaches come from?
This is a question asked by many. Unfortunately, there is no easy answer. A German Cockroach infestation can be spread and contracted in a thousand different ways. All it takes is 1 single ootheca (Egg case) and your on your way to an out of control Cockroach infestation.
With a warm humid climate such as the one found here in Alverstone, its always advised to find the source. This will help to yield better German Cockroach Control in Alverstone.
- Packaged foods are one of the more common ways to get a German Cockroach Infestation here in Alverstone. Poor stock rotation in warehouses can play host to a multitude of insects to which German Cockroaches are one of.
- Travel accommodation and public transport are hot spots for all manor of Insects ranging from Fleas, Bed Bugs and yes, even Cockroaches. Places such as buses, trains and guest houses are constantly frequented by all manor of people from all fields of life, it takes just a couple of Insects to crawl into your luggage causing an infestation.
- Close living quarters such as apartment blocks or high rise offices are commonly frequented by Insect and Rodent Pests. Given the close proximity to your neighbors, there’s no wonder an infestation can spread like wild fire. It only takes one rotten apple to infect the entire pack.
- White goods repair shops are also places to watch out for. An old TV or Microwave oven may be the product of a Cockroach infestation. Having your items lay and wait to be repaired could be a recipe for disaster or a Roach Infestation.
Effortless Cockroach Removal by professionals!
I could sit and write 99 ways to contract a Cockroach infestation in Alverstone until i am blue in the face, truth is the list is never ending. The long and short of it is, DIY products are useless and home remedies just don’t cut it. Cockroach Control Alverstone team of experts is your only way out.
Red Head Cockroach Control Alverstone
When it comes to the success of any Pest Control here in Alverstone, our Cockroach Control Alverstone team of experts rely on knowledge gained through years in the field. Advanced techniques are applied in high risk areas where they have the most impact. We hit them where it hurts most. Take Red Headed Cockroach Control for instance. Unlike would be “professionals” who commonly misidentify them as Oriental Cockroaches, we positively identify the species and tailor a bespoke treatment. Pest Control and extermination through knowledge and chemical advancement.
About Red Head Cockroaches in Alverstone:
- Commonly misdiagnosed as an Oriental Cockroach, the Red Headed Cockroach of Alverstone looks very similar.
- Male Red Head roaches range in size between 4cm – 6cm. They have a long set on wings and can fly. Females on the other hand are buggy looking and are wingless.
- The Red Headed Cockroach (Deropeltis erythrocephala) are dark brown often appearing a shiny velvet black in color. They are distinctive from many of the more common pest species by they light red / yellow legs and their shiny blood red head.
- Red Headed Roaches commonly crawl and fly into homes here in Alverstone in search or harbourage as well as food.
- As with many other of the Deropeltis sp, these insects are omnivorous but mainly feed off rotten mulch and plant matter.
- Although not classified as a public health pest, the Red Head Cockroach in Alverstone can be found in large numbers congregating in the pitch of roofs.
Where do Red Head Cockroaches come from?
Red Head Roaches are a particularly curious species with very few predators. There are many Spiders and even Birds that will not touch them. Its thought that this is due to a foul smelling substance they excrete when captured. This seems to be the main reason for their abnormally high numbers here in Alverstone.
- The lights from your home at night attract all manor of creepy crawlies. Much like many Flies, Moths and other Insects the Red Head Cockroach is attracted to light. They emerge from their hiding spots at night and make their way towards the first light source along their path.
- Logs, building materials as well as last years fire wood are common harbourage spots. The nature of wood provides Insects with the moisture heat and humidity needed to thrive.
- Alverstone is home to a diversity or areas both rural and urban areas. Both landscaped gardens in the city and densely forested areas in the rural areas provide more than enough food and harbourage for any Cockroach Infestation to thrive.
Professionals Cockroach Exterminators in Alverstone!
The success of any Cockroach Infestation in Alverstone relies on an extensive knowledge and behavior of the species. Different species of cockroach need different Pest Control treatments. The experts here at Cockroach Control Alverstone tailor all treatments to the needs of our clients.
American Cockroach Control Alverstone
American Cockroach Control Alverstone should be best left to the professionals. The sheer numbers they arrive in coupled with their unsanitary living conditions make them quite a daunting task to handle alone. Much like many other Roach species here in Alverstone. The American Cockroach infests at night. They emerge from sewers and drains and fly through your door and window. Its always recommended to make use of an experts for effective long term Cockroach Extermination here in Alverstone.
About American Cockroaches in Alverstone:
- The American Cockroach (Periplaneta americana) is one of the larger species of Pest Cockroach. They are commonly referred to a “Kakkerlak” or a “Water Bug.”
- An adult American Cockroach can reach a staggering 40mm in length. American Roaches can be easily identified by their size and reddish brown color and yellow margin in their head.
- This species is exceptionally fast moving, able to reach speeds of 5.4km per hour. Given its small size, this is the equivalent to a human running at a speed of 330km per hour.
- These fat American fiends commonly frequent drains, sewers, basements and other warm moist areas. They spread nasty diseases and bacteria from their home to yours.
- American Cockroach infestations are more rare in Alverstone than their German counterparts but the threat they pose to health and safety is potentially far greater than other common Cockroach species found here in Alverstone.
- The nature of these Insects forces our Cockroach Control Alverstone team of professionals to pull out all the tricks of our trade during treatments. We apply a multi faceted method to guarantee long term Cockroach Extermination.
Where do American Cockroaches come from?
- American Cockroaches can fly. This means they can commonly move from one place to another with minimal effort. When drains and other warm moist areas become unfavorable they will commonly move indoors.
- These feisty creatures may look big, this doesn’t mean they cant squeeze through tiny gaps in your door or window. When sewers dry out or flood they have very little choice but to find other accommodation. Inevitably their alternative home is quite possibly your ceiling or basement.
- American Roaches here in Alverstone commonly infest wood piles, wine cellars, kitchens as well as ceiling spaces. Make sure these places are clean and clear of clutter for easy Cockroach Fumigation.
Unrivaled Cockroach Eradication in Alverstone and surrounding areas!
The risk an American Cockroach Infestation can pose to you or your loved ones far outweighs the money spent on a Pest Control Professional. Ensure your Cockroach Fumigation is carried out fast and effectively with no mess and no smell. Cockroach Control Alverstone team of experts service the whole of KwaZulu Natal with no extra cost for travel. Call our local teams here. Alternatively, you can fill in the contact box in the side bar and have an expert call you.
Oriental Cockroach Control Alverstone
Oriental Cockroaches aren’t squinty eyed just as German Cockroaches don’t have tiny black mustaches. The Oriental Cockroach is very much the same as its American cousin when it come to living conditions. Although much more rare this species can pop up when you least expect it. Alverstone has an ideal climate that can cause any insect population to boom nearly over night.
About Oriental Cockroaches in Alverstone:
- Oriental Cockroaches (Blatta orientalis) are shiny black in color and more bug looking that other cockroaches on this list. They are a medium sized insect with adults rarely exceeding about 27mm in length.
- Commonly also referred to as “Water Bugs” these shiny black Cockroaches have non-functional wings with males looking completely different to females.
- Here in Alverstone Read Head Cockroaches are commonly mistaken for Oriental Cockroaches. This is largely due to the rarity of this species as supposed to that of the Red Head Cockroach
- Oriental Cockroaches feed off fatty proteins such as oils and old dairy and meat products. They frequent blocked drains of kitchens as well as basements and ceiling areas. This species loves high temperatures and even higher humidity making Alverstone their ultimate home should an infestation arise.
- Oriental Cockroaches have a very sophisticated chemical tolerance. Couple this with their living conditions and you have a very tough nut to crack. The nature of insecticide doesn’t always allow for an easy Cockroach extermination in Alverstone.
Where do Oriental Cockroaches come from?
- An Oriental Cockroach infestation is most commonly found in areas with poor hygiene.
- Kitchens and basement packaging areas with high humidity and poor ventilation is at a higher risk. All it takes is for one Cockroach egg (Ootheca) to get delivered along with your weekly deliveries.
- Frequent causes of an Oriental Cockroach Infestation here in Alverstone is through a tainted delivery. Groceries and packaging material commonly contain live insects and even Cockroach eggs.
We are the Cockroach Fumigation Experts here in Alverstone!
Oriental Cockroach Fumigation is not recommended for amateurs. Over the counter pesticides will more than likely cause an isolated incident to spread. This will result in grumpy neighbors that will inevitably cost you money. Its for this reason that you may as well do it right the first time. Call our team of Cockroach Control Alverstone experts for a competitively priced and effective Cockroach Fumigation.
Does Fumigation get rid of Cockroaches?
Fumigation by its self is not enough to get rid of Cockroaches. Certain Cockroach species such as German Cockroaches and American Cockroaches have built up such as tolerance to insecticide that fumigation alone is never enough. This means that a multiple faceted approach to Cockroach Fumigation is almost certainly needed. Targeted treatments such as Baits, Gel as well as pheromone traps and sprays are used above any Fumigation or spray. The modern day exterminator here at Cockroach Control Alverstone uses a combination of the above treatment methods.
Can Exterminators get rid of Cockroaches?
This is somewhat of a more technical question than you may think. Cockroaches come in all shapes and sizes. Different levels of activity in different fields of life and under different circumstances. In theory the effectiveness of any Cockroach Fumigation depends on the above factors and most of all the skill and knowledge base of your exterminator. This is why our Cockroach Control Alverstone teams are so successful. Their years of field experience and species knowledge enable them to tailor a bespoke extermination. This allows us to provide clients with extended and unrivaled guarantees.
How much is Pest Control for roaches?
This question depends on a number of factors. As you can imagine, Commercial and Industrial Roach Control would be more costly than Residential Cockroach Control in Alverstone. This is largely due to the sheer volume of food being processed. A larger industrial kitchen such as those found in hospitals and hotels are more likely to have an extensive cockroach infestation. Small tea room like kitchens in apartments and offices are commonly cleaner and less likely to contract a cockroach problem. This brings us to our question. In general, a call out for a cockroach infestation can start at as little as R650. This will include an industry standard 3 month guarantee.
How long does Roach Fumigation last?
Roach fumigation can be a tricky situation for both professional and amateur Exterminators. In general its better to always insist on a longer guarantee period as well as a contractual preventative solution. In highly populated close quarter residential areas such as those on the beach front one is more likely to suffer a roach Infestation. As a general rule of thumb one can expect cockroaches to stay away for up to 12 months. Three months in an apartment and up to 12 months in a free standing home. Close quarter living environments as well as food industries are at a higher risk of a Cockroach infestation. Its for this reason Fumigation’s don’t last as long.