Have you spotted perfectly round holes in your linen or clothes? If you have, chances are you have a Fishmoth problem. Fishmoths / Silverfish plague homes in and around Summerveld throughout the year. These iridescent night crawlers have a nack of ruining expensive natural fibers. Expensive carpets, silk clothes and even book bindings are all a potential meal for a hungry Fishmoth. Lucky for you, Fishmoth Control Summerveld team of experts can positively identify a Fishmoth Infestation and treat it accordingly. We ensure they stay away for good.
Fishmoth Control Summerveld is a service by which professionals positively identify a Silverfish infestation. We determine the level of your problem as well as the cause. We then tailor a treatment that is safe, effective and odorless. Your Fishmoth problem will be removed once and for all.
Fishmoth removal in Summerveld
Fishmoth infestations can be a biter pill to swallow. Damage caused by these night dwellers is commonly mistaken for sun damage or general wear and tear. The success of any Fishmoth removal treatment in Summerveld relies on the skill and pest knowledge of your fumigator. These nocturnal nuisances can be so well hidden an amateur Pest Control operator wont stand a chance.
Fishmoths / Silverfish are tiny tear drop shaped insects that hide in dark damp areas. Commonly found in basements wine cellars as well as book shops. These casual intruders have the potential to cause extensive damage to paining, books, linens and even stored products. Our Fishmoth Control Summerveld team of professionals will leave no stone unturned during our Fishmoth Fumigation’s. We will use our extensive field knowledge to structure the perfect treatment regardless of your level of infestation.
Silverfish / Fishmoths in Summerveld
Fishmoths and Silverfish are curious little critters. They have managed to inhabit pretty much every continent on earth with the exception of Antarctica. These creepy looking translucent creatures are one of the oldest arthropod species on earth. Silverfish pre-date dinosaurs by over 100 millions years, this means they have been around for over 400 million years!
- Adult Fishmoths range in size between 13mm and 25mm. They are silver / grey in color with an iridescent sheen on their back.
- Silverfish are wingless and extremely fast moving. They have a longer than average life spans of more than 2 years as opposed to cockroaches that rarely live beyond 8 months.
- Fishmoths get their name from the way they run as well as their color. Their tear drop shaped body wiggles like a fish out of water as they scurry across your floor.
- Fishmoths are extremely hard to control as they live in dark damp cracks and crevasse. An infestation in usually only visible when its too late. Professional intervention is almost always sought for successful fumigation here in Summerveld.
Durban Pest Control are your local seasoned professionals. Rather that just spray and pray it works, we use a targeted treatment that’s tailored to what you need. No mess and no smell just 100% guaranteed Fishmoth Control Summerveld.
How do you get rid of silverfish in your house?
Silverfish can be quite a nuisance here in Summerveld. The high chemical resistance built up over the last 400 million years makes them a formidable opponent. For an amateur getting rid of Fishmoths make be quite tough but you can prevent an infestation from ever starting. Here are a few handy hints and tips for successful Fishmoth Control in Summerveld.
- Make sure your home is kept free from old food. Like most insects Fishmoths are attracted to a specific food source. Its physically impossible for remove all their potential food from your home but you can make sure your home is kept neat and tidy of last nights dishes as well as crumbs and spills.
- Vacuum your home regularly with a high grade powerful vacuum cleaner. A good vacuum cleaner is worth its weight in gold. I personally like the ones with a water filtration system. This will kill any Fishmoths and prevent them from breeding in a dusty vacuum bag. Fleas, Bed Bugs as well as Silverfish can potentially live and breed in a vacuum cleaners dust bag.
- Keep all parts of your home dry, clean and well ventilated. Not only will you deter potential Fishmoth intruders but you will live a happy and healthier life. Dark, closed and humid h0mes are ideal breeding place for all sorts of health issues.
What products naturally kill Fishmoths?
Home remedies for actively controlling a Fishmoth Infestation here in Summerveld are pretty pointless. Our local climate is way to ideal for their survival. Here are some of the more common treatments as well as successes / failures associated with them:
- Boric acid is pretty much the most successful treatment on this list. Although not suitable for all situations. Boric acid can be mixed with water and applied or just used as is. Boric Acid is a naturally occurring mineral that kills Fishmoths by causing them to dehydrate. This product will only work by contact with a fresh dose. Although residual properties are present they are not enough to kill a Fishmoth.
- Diatomaceous Earth is as old as planet earth. This product is great to use in open areas where the potential for a Fishmoth Infestation is high. This readily available product ruptures the insects exoskeleton causing them to loose fluid and dry out.
- Cinnamon is pretty useless… Unless you want to stain your fingers floors and linens i wouldn’t suggest this. Cinnamon is commonly thought to repel and kill Insects. This simply isn’t true in my experience.
- Citrus Fruits are also commonly though to kill Fishmoths. The citrus oils are meant to naturally repel Insects rather than to kill them.
- Naphthalene Balls or as we passionately refer to them as Moth Balls have been useless for the last 50 years. Unless you want carcinogenic exposure to foul smelling balls, id stay well clear!
- Table Salt is also useless. Although iodized, Sodium chloride tastes good in food and shouldn’t be used as an Insect repellent.
Call our Fishmoth Control Summerveld team for a free quotation
Natural Fishmoth remedies are a dime a dozen. The truth is they rarely work at best. Fishmoth Control Summerveld teams use natural or synthetically identical pesticides that are safe, effective and above all odorless. With long lasting properties our Fishmoth Fumigation’s here in Summerveld should be your first point of call. This will save you time, money and last but not least more damage to clothes and foods.
Don’t let the hassle of a Fishmoth Infestation get to to. Call your local Professionals right away for a free and no obligation quotation. Fishmoth Control Summerveld is available for bookings 24 hour a day and 7 days a week. Feel free to give us a call for anything Pest Control related. Advice, quoted and anything in between. We service the whole of Summerveld and surrounding areas.