Fumigation Service Drummond is a commonly misunderstood product offered here at Durban Pest Control. To many, a Fumigation is the removal or management of common public health pests such as Rats and Cockroaches. In reality, a Fumigation is the use of gasses for the purpose of controlling Wood Borer beetle, Fungus and Bacteria on commodities as well as pretty much any hard to control pests.
Fumigation service Drummond is a specialized treatment by which exterminators use gasses such as Methyl Bromide and Aluminium phosphate. These are used as opposed to a targeted residuals or other control methods. The nature of these gasses penetrate deeply in to the treated item without the risk damage or harmful residual being left behind.
Fumigation can be used to rapidly reduce the numbers of an out of the ordinary Infestation. Durban Pest Control can carry out these treatments in any situation although its not our first port of call. Targeted and safer treatments always take priority.
Fumigation in Drummond
Fumigation’s are standard practice for most Pest Management companies here in Drummond. Short of using gasses for Stored Product Pests as well as Wood Treatment it has a number of useful applications. Here are some of the more common uses of a Fumigation in Drummond:
- Fumigation for Cockroaches: Many species of Roach such as the German Cockroach like to live in hard to reach areas such as in appliances and dark cracks and crevasses. A simple spot Fumigation can safely flush them out or kill them immediately without damage to your property.
- Fumigation for Rodents: Although its not common practice to use Fumigation for Rats and Mice, Fumigation service Drummond use gasses to flush out and kill Moles. The common Dune Mole Rat is a pest that often lived deep under ground and avoids traps or bait. Their tunnels are commonly Fumigated to drive them away or kill them.
- Fumigation for Wood borer and other Wood Destroying Organisms: Drummond has a hot tropical climate that’s an ideal breeding ground to all manor of molds and wood borer. Methyl Bromide gas can clear and sterilize wood and fruit without poisoning the products. This gas is clear and odorless in during low exposure. This gas is commonly used for products for export as well as structural wood treatments.
- Fumigation for Granary Mites and Stored Product Insects: Animal feed, grains and other raw stored commodities often get infested with Moths or Mites. Fumigation is the only way around this situation.
How much does a fumigation cost?
The price of a Fumigation is largely dependent on the type of Fumigation your are referring to. In most instances the price is calculated based on the volume of goods as well as the preparation and gas used.
For a Methyl Bromide Fumigation, your looking at a minimum for R2 600. 00 as its an expensive hard to come by gas. An Aluminium Phosphate Fumigation for Moles can start from as little as R1 300. 00. Here are a few different types of Fumigation offered here in Drummond:
- ULV Fumigation: ULV or Fogging is common practice for roof spaces, over packed store rooms and otherwise hard to access areas. This deep penetrating and flexible Fumigation method is used in doctors surgeries, dental practices as well as labs that need sterile environments. With ULV Fumigation’s a micron generator is used with either a sterilizing agent or rapid knockdown solvent.
- Tent Fumigation: Drummond’s ideal climate for Wood Borer Beetles make Tent Fumigation far to common. Tent Fumigation’s are when a building or item is covered and made gas proof for a certain exposure period usually for about 24 hours. Methyl Bromide gas is most commonly used in Tent Fumigation s in Drummond.
- Spot Fumigation’s: This is where a small item is fumigated for what ever seems to be hiding inside. Microwaves and refrigerators are commonly Spot Fumigated for German Cockroaches.
Here at Durban Pest Control, we do it all. If your looking for a complete Fumigation service, you have come to the right place!
How much is it to fumigate an apartment?
As mentioned above, Fumigation’s are generally used for out of control Infestations. When it comes to the Fumigation of an apartment the word “Cockroach” or “Bed Bug” comes to mind. These pests are targeted as opposed to Fumigated.
The price for Fumigation of a two bedroom apartment starts from as little as R710. 00 and gradually increases in price depending on the severity, type of pest and package and guarantee you choose.
Does Fumigation kill Bed Bugs?
Yes, Fumigation does kill Bed Bugs. Although Fumigation’s are not common practice for Bed Bug Control, the use of Dichlorvos can rapidly reduce the level of infestation prior to a targeted treatment.
Bed Bugs tend to hide in dark and generally out of reach places. Its for this reason many Pest Control operators here at Pest Worx – Durban make use of a Ultra Low Volume fogger or other Fumigation apparatus. These machines break down particles into microns allowing them to penetrate deeply killing every last Bed Bug.
How long after a Fumigation is it safe?
Our Fumigation Service Drummond team of experts prioritize safety above all else. Unfortunately there will always be an exclusion that will have to be served following any Fumigation.
In general the minimum exclusion time starts at 2 hours with a maximum time being 7 days. This as all dependent of the preparation before and after any Fumigation. As i am sure you can appreciate, a simple Cockroach Fumigation is way less complex that a Timber Fumigation for your roof trusses.
After your specific exclusion is carried out, our Fumigation service Drummond is 100% safe once you return to your home or workplace.
Choose Pest Worx for expert Fumigation Service Drummond
When it comes to a Fumigation Service in Drummond, Pest Worx has you covered. We always ensure the safety of our environment, your family and your prized possessions. If you suspect you have a problem that needs Fumigating please feel free to give us a call.
Fumigation Service Drummond staff are available to take you calls 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. We offer out of hours calls, free and no obligation quotations as well as good advise on pest prevention.