Do you often lay in bed and wonder that that thumping noise in your ceiling is? Rats, Mice and many other Rodents often venture in to roofs, ceiling spaces and other warm dry and confined spaces for warmth and harbourage. Rat Control Mpumalanga are here to help. Let our seasoned professionals root out their ingress point, food source as camping spots. We will put an end to your Rat infestation once and for all.
Rat Control Mpumalanga are a team of professionals that specialize in identifying key areas that are important in the successful removal of Rats in Mpumalanga. Seasoned staff identify ingress points, potential food and harbourage spots as well as track rodent activity. This holistic approach to Rodent extermination guarantees unparalleled results.
Let our Rodent Control Mpumalanga team of experts give you a free site assessments and quotation. Rats, Mice and Rodents don’t stand a chance with Pest Worx and Durban Pest Control by your side.
Rat Removal by Pest Worx in Mpumalanga
Rats can be a formidable opponent for eve the more seasoned Pest Controller. The sheer number of individuals can be astounding. A single pair of Black Rats have the ability multiply till about 100 00 in just 1 short year. If left untreated an out of control infestation can cause damage to goods, spread disease and even write off your motor vehicle. Lucky for you, you have come to the right place. Rat Control Mpumalanga have a bespoke treatment that gets tailored to the needs of our clients. Here are a few facts about our service that makes us leaders in our field:
- Upon entering your property, we will carry out a full site and risk assessment. This will give us important information as to what makes your Rat infestation tick. We will map out Ingress point, sustenance, harbourage and any non-target species that may be affected by our treatment.
- Implement safe and effective control for any level of infestation. After the completion of our assessment we will structure and complete a suitable treatment. We will always ensure to use the most suitable baits and traps keeping non target species such as Owls, Cats and Reptiles safe from secondary poisoning and harm.
- Recommend remedial action to prevent a further Rat infestation. We will provide you, our clients with a full treatment report containing recommendations. These, if implemented can help keep Rats and Mice away for longer. Most of these recommendations revolve around basic proofing, stacking and packing practices, food storage as well as general maintenance.
Why do you need Rat Control Mpumalanga?
Wild Rats can be nasty. Don’t let their cute and cozy appearance fool you. Large Brown hats have the ability to damage stored products while Black Rats infest your roof space and cause damage and electrical fires. Here are a few reasons as to why Rat Control is so important here in Mpumalanga:
- Rats carry nasty diseases as well as pathogens that are potentially deadly. Black Rats (Rattus rattus) are partially responsible for the black plague in the 1300’s. This resulted in the deaths of over 200 million people in Europe alone. Although rare, there are still reported cases of the Black Plague world wide. Brown Rats on the other hand carry Leptospirosis that to this day plagues 3rd world counties and kills thousands of animals on an annual basis.
- Electrical fires can be causes by a high level Rat infestation. Although quite uncommon, Rats are known to have caused electrical fires. Rats and Rodents need to gnaw constantly to grind down their ever growing incisors. All it takes is for them to chew on the wrong wire resulting in an electrical short and worst case, an electrical fire.
- Damage to stored goods as well as structural damage. A large Rat plague will have to get their food from somewhere. Too often when a Rat infestation is left untreated they cause extensive damage in the area they inhabit. The industrial areas here in Mpumalanga suffer more than most. Rats can ransack fruits, grains and animal feeds. Rats are not only responsible to the damage but the knock on effect their fecal matter causes afterwards. While Rats are feeding they urinate and defecate on the foods. This can contaminate feeds and potentially kill the animals or humans that feed on these products.
Rats are an ongoing problem here in Mpumalanga, its up to each and every one to start doing their part if we are going to successfully control these vermin. Take the first step and call our Rat Control Mpumalanga team right away
Rats in Mpumalanga
A large Rat infestation is not as easy as your average Flea issue to handle. Although both these pests often go hand in hand, Rats are cunning and reproduce ferociously. Luckily for us there are technically only two problematic Rat Species here in Mpumalanga. These are namely the Black Rat (Rattus rattus) and the Brown Rat (Rattus norvegicus). Here is a little bit of info about two local Rat species.
Black Rat Control in Mpumalanga:
Black Rats are a common problem in roofs and gardens here in Mpumalanga. The Black Rat is smaller and more slender than their cousin. This allows them to easily gain access to otherwise difficult areas. Black Rats often carry Biting Insects such as Fleas and Mites. Its these Fleas that feed on infected Black Rats that carry the Bubonic plague as mentioned above.
- Black Rats are also commonly called Ship Rats, Roof Rats or House Rats.
- The name “Black Rat” rarely refers to their color as they are anything from light brown to Black in color with a much lighter underbelly.
- An adult Roof Rat rarely exceeds 230g in the wild. Adults range in size between 15 to 23cm in length including their tail.
Brown Rat Control in Mpumalanga:
Brown Rats are commonly found emerging drains and sewers at night here in Mpumalanga. This larger species are most notorious for being “the size of a cat.” Though far from the truth, Brown Rats are bigger than their cousins but not quite the size of cats. Brown Rats are the culprits fro spreading Weils disease by contaminating stored goods.
- Rattus norvegicus or the Brown Rats is often called a Sewer Rat, Street Rat or a Common Rat.
- Unlike their “Black” counter part, Brown Rats are light brown and more short and stocky than Black Rats. They differ significantly less in color than the other species.
- Adult Brown Rats average in weight at about 500g while their size rarely exceeds 28cm in length. As mentioned above, Brown Rats are much more stocky and less likely to climb trees and creepers to gain access to your roof.
Rat Exterminators in Mpumalanga
Rats are an ever growing problem here in Mpumalanga. This issue has been left to fester for far to long. This resulted in a full blown Rat epidemic here in Mpumalanga. Poor house keeping, hygiene practices and just general carelessness has affected Rodent populations and fueled their survival. Its gonna take a small army to control this problem.
Luckily you have taken the first step towards a Rat free home or workplace. Rat Control Mpumalanga are geared to handle any level of Rat Infestation. By using science and a good knowledge of the species we are able to provide an unequaled service with guaranteed results. Call us right away for a free and no obligation quote. We have a service available for you to use 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
We understand Pests don’t sleep and neither do we!